With grilling season here, it’s time to think about all the scrumptious sides to have with our meats! Paleo sides are hard to come by – I mean. I can only eat so much salad. We’re working on taking some of our favorite traditional summer barbecue sides and recreating them paleo-style.
Now, some may argue that potatoes are not paleo but if eating potatoes help you with a paleo lifestyle, then by all means do it. Like all good things, eat them in moderation. I’ve noticed that I keep losing weight if I only eat potatoes 1-2 times a week – any more than that and I stay at the same weight. I don’t know if it is all that starch or what but I try to keep a lid on the potato eating. And, with all things we talk about here, I am not a Doctor and my stories are anecdotal retellings of my experiences, not to be taken as medical advice. Before embarking on a paleo lifestyle, consult your Doctor or a Nutritionist.
Xaver developed this recipe for a homemade potato salad using homemade olive oil mayonnaise as a base. It’s pretty delish and your friends will never know it’s paleo!
- 10 Small Red Potatoes (organic)
- 2 Large Eggs (organic)
- 1/2 cup Dill Relish (sugar-free)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- Dash of Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup Homemade Olive Oil Mayonnaise - http://www.paleopriests.com/2014/05/15/paleo-olive-oil-mayonnaise/
- Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters, and boil them until soft. Boil two eggs until hard-boiled, then wash & peel.
- Slice the eggs into bite sized pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste. Chill for 45 minutes before serving.
Let us know if you try this recipe in the comments and if you make any adjusttments – we’d love to know!